Stressweld is a service company in the engineering sector. We aim to operate a quality and reliable service at a competitive price. We strive to build good relationships with all our clients. We also take into account the importance of maintaining a high standard of work, whilst ensuring our activities don’t have a negative impact on the environment.
- Stressweld was formed in 1989, it was founded originally as Fisher-Harris in 1976, a partnership between Joe Fisher and Norman Harris. The partnership ended in 1978, Joe Fisher took over Fisher-Harris, and then in 1989, Fisher-Harris changed its name to Stressweld.
- Stressweld is a service company, we provide on site electrical pre heating and post weld heat treatment service to the welding industry. We operate the electric resistance heating mat method, with fully automated temperature control, and full heat traceability. Full documentation packs are presented to clients on completion of each contract.
- Our clients are based in the power industry, oil and petrochem, fabrication and casting industries.
- The company operates a quality assurance system that meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2008, this was first attained in 1997.
- The management team at Stressweld are E.Fisher, and R.Fisher, between them they have over 65 years of experience in the heat treatment field.
- As well as on site pre and post heat service, we also offer an in house pre and post heat facility. In house furnaces with a capacity of temperatures up to 1150 degrees centigrade, and also a shot blasting and paint facilities. The furnaces are gas fired, with full temperature control and full heat traceability.
- Stressweld is located at 4 Coupland Road, Hindley Industrial Estate, Hindley Green, Wigan, WN2 4GS